Friday, August 13, 2010

Why This Blog?

I'm an aquatic conservation ecologist interested in the conservation of biodiversity (e.g., ecosystems, communities, populations).  I work for one of the largest conservation organizations in the world, The Nature Conservancy.  However, this is a personal blog and the views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.  I live in Michigan and generally focus on conservation of Great Lakes ecosystems.  However, much of my life has been spent in the Upper Mississippi River Basin, which is also near and dear to my heart. 

After spending the last 18 months on Twitter, as Etheostomatt, I've decided to start a blog to allow me to comment on some issue with more than 140 characters. 

2 comments:

  1. I probably should have also mentioned that, being extremely busy, postings here are likely to be infrequent. I don't know how people find time for daily blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Play slots online | Drmcd
    Play slots online. 의왕 출장안마 You are playing against 여주 출장마사지 computer-generated 정읍 출장안마 computer-generated players, but the computer does not make the winning decisions. Players  Rating: 4.5 · ‎44 영천 출장안마 reviews 계룡 출장샵

    ReplyDelete